Follow my main project and you’ll see that I use Freetrade for all of my investments. That’s because they charge no fees and 0% commission for a general investment account.
But if you’re a new customer and are referred to them (you can join here), you’ll also get a free, random share in a company or other fund, worth between £3 and £200.
In fact, so far I’ve referred seven people to Freetrade who have gone on to become a customer and have earned themselves free shares, and that’s just in the last week (at time of writing) of my blog going live.
The free shares I’ve earned for myself include;
1x Gregg’s – worth ~£18.50
2x Evraz Steel – worth £10.37
1x iShares UK Dividend – worth £6.73
1x Landsec – worth £6.54
1x iShares S&P Financials – worth £6.19
1x iShares Global Agg. Bond – worth £5.26
In addition to these, I also have ten other referrals who have joined but are yet to use their account, so I may have other free shares on the way.
Here’s how you can get a free share for yourself
- Join Freetrade here, download the app on your iPhone or Android and create an account
- Verify your account in order to deposit funds
- Link your bank and top up your account with some funds
- In your profile, there should be an option to complete a form to confirm that you are not a citizen of the United States – complete this
- That’s it, you should receive your free share within a week