This month I’ve opened up my 100 EM Future fund, adding both Invesco Coinshares Global Blockchain (BCHS) and iShares Automation & Robotics (RBTX) to my portfolio.
As this is month #3, I’ve invested a total of £600, and am currently seeing a return of ~£23, or about 3.8% up. To see my portfolio updated daily, see my portfolio page.
About my investments:
Every month I use Freetrade to invest £100 into each of several buckets of investments. If you’re a new customer and are referred to them (you can join here), you’ll also get a free, random share in a company or other fund, worth between £3 and £200.
Portfolio so far
100 EM Core
I added another £100 into this bucket of investments, buying 1 more share of VWRL at £88.68, leaving £41.91 in cash for next month. This is going well, as last month we were at a return of -£1.75.
Next month, I should be able to add in a couple of shares of the S&P 500 (VUSA), but VWRL as I have bought so far is costly enough to mean I can only buy one of one or the other each month.
Growth so far is good, as this is a very broad set of investments that are going into highly valued companies.
100 EM Clean
I added another 6 shares of Clean Energy and 1 share of Clean Water, leaving £1.26 left over as cash. Once again, last month we were down by £1.68 immediately, but we’re almost up by £10 (~5%) in this bucket of investments.
I do think that this could be performing well because of the situation with Russia and Ukraine, where Russia supplies a large amount of oil to the west and the west is finding alternative sources of energy to mitigate any issues that arise.
Long term, that’s good, because it brings more attention to the clean energy debate, and thus, the companies I’ve invested in which are working towards a more sustainable future.
I do believe this to be one of my most valuable buckets of investments for the future.
100 EM Future
I started this bucket of investments with Invesco Coinshares Global Blockchain (BCHS) and iShares Automation & Robotics (RBTX), keeping £1.99 over for next month.
This is investing in companies that are investing in both blockchain and robotics and automated machinery, which seems like a solid choice to me. If you have exposure to either of these fields, you would know that the number of people being hired to build these industries is incredibly high, but that it is still relatively early in the industry lifecycle.
I expect slow, but very good growth.
- My side business has slowed down a lot recently, due it it being out of our main seasonal selling periods, pulling in just £250 in the past month. We will need to restock our products in June/July in time for the black friday / Christmas period, which may cost around £5,000, with a projected return of £15,000.
- I’ve increased my pension contributions again, from 7% to 9%. A little earlier than expected (as I only increased it last month), but I will give it 3 months now to get used to the new take-home pay before I increase it again.
- I’ve almost managed to max-out my LISA (lifetime ISA), but I had hoped to be able to max it out completely. A business trip to the US with work set me back a little and I’ll just about miss out on maxing this out by about £500.
- I may look at altering the VS FTSE100 comparison for my charts, as I don’t think the FTSE100 return is completely accurate as a comparison here.
- Or, I may look at changing the comparison to something else.
- I may look into getting details about my pension on here, so that I can also track that. I think that may be a little more difficult as I don’t have manual control over that, so it may be a little less accurate than my ISA portfolio.
- Next month I will be opening up 100 EM Global, a new bucket of investments that will focus on ETFs that invest in global companies that have good and strong growth prospects.
- Just in the short term, I may slow down some of my investments so that I don’t open up any new investments while I aim to pay off debts at a faster rate (I will continue to invest £100/month into each of the above, however). Doing this will decrease my credit utilisation which should benefit me when I can use my LISA towards a deposit for a house.